In this world, the one consistent thing is change. Here are 50 of the World’s Best Quotes on Change. Which one is your favorite? Is there one that we should’ve included? Leave your comments below.
1.”I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something and I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.” ~Edward Everett Hale
2. “If you’re changing the world, you’re working on important things. You’re excited to get up in the morning.” ~Larry Page
3. “Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do. ~Rob Siltanen
4. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” ~Margaret Mead
5. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally foward in whatever way they like.” ~Lao Tzu
6. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person, or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” ~ Barack Obama
7. “The pessimists are usually right, but it’s the optimists who change the world.” ~Thomas Friedman
8. “To leave the world better than you found it, sometimes you have to pick up other people’s trash.” ~Bill Nye
9. “To change the world, we must start by loving the person in the mirror.” ~Unknown
10. “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” ~Mother Teresa
11. “You begin saving the world by saving one person at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics.” ~ Charles Bukowski
12. “The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it.” ~Robert Swan
13. “Can I really make a difference?” Said 7.6 billion people. ~Unknown
14. “Let us remember, one book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world.” Malala Yousafzai
15. “Change is difficult. Not changing is fatal.” ~Unknown
16. “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” ~Rumi
17. “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ~Mahatma Gandhi
18. “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” ~Albert Einstein
19. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” ~Nelson Mandela
20. “Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change.” ~Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, Frankenstein
21. Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” ~Leo Tolstoy
22. “Let your smile change the world, but don’t let the world change your smile.” ~Unknown
23. “Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people can transform the world.” ~Howard Zinn
24. “The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” ~Paulo Coelho
25. “I truly believe the only way we can create global peace is through not only educating our minds, but our hearts and souls.” ~Malala Yousafzai
26. “If you want to change the world, go home and love your family.” Mother Teresa
27. “A small act of kindness creates a ripple effect that can carry from person to person, brightening many lives. From giving someone a smile to holding a door open for someone, doing chores for other people, donating to charity, or buying lunch for a friend, it doesn’t take a lot to make someone’s day a little bit better.” ~Monica Bourgeau
28. “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” ~Anne Frank
29. “We can’t be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for now, may be the reason why you don’t have something better.” ~C. JoyBell C.
30. “Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” ~George Bernard Shaw
31. “Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t.” ~Steve Maraboli
32. “Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world. ” ~Joel Barker
33. “The way to change the world is through individual responsibility and taking local action in your own community.” ~Jeff Bridges
34. “Every moment is an organizing opportunity, every person a potential activist, every minute a chance to change the world.” ~Dolores Huerta
35. “Don’t underestimate the power of your vision to change the world. Whether that world is your office, your community, an industry, or a global movement, you need to have a core belief that what you contribute can fundamentally change the paradigm or way of thinking about problems.” ~Leroy Hood
36. “As a rock star, I have two instincts, I want to have fun, and I want to change the world. I have a chance to do both.” ~Bono
37. “Remember, each one of us has the power to change the world. Just start thinking peace, and the message will spread quicker than you think.” ~ Yoko Ono
38. “My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.” ~Jack Layton
39. “A big idea is great, but putting that big idea into action has the power to change the world.” ~Tae Yoo
40. “Choose your corner, pick away at it carefully, intensely and to the best of your ability and that way you might change the world.” ~Charles Eames
41. “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” ~Howard Thurman
42. “Unless someone like you cares a whole lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” ~Dr. Suess
43. “Expecting things to change without putting in any effort is like waiting for a ship at the airport.” ~Unknown
44. “Never assume that you are stuck with the way things are. Life changes every single moment, and so can you.” ~Ralph Marston
45. “The moment you accept responsibility for everything in your life is the moment you gain the power to change anything in your life.” ~Unknown
46. “You can change what you are and where you are by changing what goes into your mind.” ~Zig Ziglar
47. “It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change, there is power.” ~Alan Cohen
48. “One reason people resist change is because they focus on what they have to give up instead of what they have to gain.” ~Rick Godwin
49. “There is nothing wrong with change if it is in the right direction.” ~Winston Churchill
50. “The bad news is that nothing lasts forever. The good news is that nothing lasts forever.” ~Unknown
Photos by Kyle Glenn, Jasmine Coro, and Ashley Rich on Unsplash
These quotes are inspiring and hopeful – just what we need when the world seems like it’s barreling down the wrong path. We do have the power to change things.
Thank you Catherine – glad they were inspiring! What is your favorite change quote (on this list or not)? ~Monica
I love so many of these quotes – They can come in handy for so many different points in our lives. Definitely pinning these to put on my felt letterboard!
Thank you Erin – glad they are helpful! What is your favorite change quote (on this list or not)? ~Monica
So many of my favorite quotes are here! #3 is one that runs through my head constantly 🙂 Thanks for sharing these!
#3 is one of my absolute favorite ones too! Thanks for visiting my blog Marlynn.
I love the Anne Frank quote. Change is all about mindset, and these quotes are a beautiful way to remember that.
Thank you Kelsey, I love that one too! Thanks for visiting my Blog.